ISG Jubail’s First Prom: Hit or Miss?

Video courtesy of Noor L.

Class+of+2016+members+pose+around+a+celebratory+cake++at+the+event.+

Class of 2016 members pose around a celebratory cake at the event.

Lujain B. and Suvidhi B.

On March 18, 2016, the junior and senior classes made ISG Jubail history (again): they hosted ISG Jubail’s first-ever prom. The “Roaring Night of Vintage Fame” was held at Al-Jabr Compound in Jubail.

As the students walked down the red carpet and stepped into the recreation area, they were immediately greeted with the sounds of Phillip B., sophomore, and his saxophone, and were transported to the roaring 20’s.

The venue’s sophisticated aura was achieved with dim lighting and draped curtains that embellished the area. The feather centerpieces and scattered jewels that decorated the tables resonated a vintage ambience and charm only found in the 20’s . Complete with a chocolate fountain and a dance floor, the event combined antique with a dash of modern. 

The night’s timetable consisted of the following:

• 6:00 p.m.– Prom event begins
  • 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.– Photos of guests are taken
  • 7:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.– Red Carpet walk- in
  • 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.– Dinner
  • 9:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.– Dancing begins
  • 10:30 p.m.– Toast and presents given by teachers at event
  • 10:45 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.– Guests exit the event

The guests of the event expressed their expectations on the school’s historical mark. “It is going to be fun,” Feras A., junior, said of his expectations regarding prom.  

Some students even went as far to propose they have prom on a regular basis. “I expected a lot of food to be there, and it to be very chaotic, but turned out to be really nice, like we should do this every week,” said Marcel L., senior.

While students voiced mostly positive expectations, Heinrich B., senior, voiced neutral expectations of the event:  “It’s not perfect, but it’s how I expected it.”

Ian S., senior, was part of the crew that set up for prom. “I helped set some of the stuff up so I sort of knew what I was gonna expect, so you could say there were expectations and I was expecting it to be more of what I saw then, and I guess it is more of what I saw then so I guess my expectations were met in a way, you know,‘cause this is pretty nice.”

Noor L., senior, mentioned her approval of the event and the bar her graduating class has set for ISG Jubail. “I think [its] a great way to start off for ISG Jubail’s prom history, and I just hope that following grades take up the standard higher and higher and higher.”

For photos taken at the event, click the image displayed below.

ISG Jubail Prom- 2016