ISGJ Today

Friendships Fading :( :(

Back to Article
Back to Article

Friendships Fading :( :(

In life you come across people, whom you become friends with eventually. People who you feel that you can trust. People with whom you feel most comfortable talking about literally anything, no matter how stupid or smart it is. Sometimes you become friends with someone through someone else (friends of friends), during a group project or being the person who shows the new kid around.  There are so many ways in this world that you could make friends, it doesn’t only have to be from school. In my opinion making friends in the beginning is all fun until they begin to find you boring and just stop talking to you.

Let’s take a look at what others have to say about this. 🙂

Abby- Leigh D, Grade 11

Have you had close friends in this school? If so mention some names you don’t have to. I used to, I was close with 3 people. One of my best friends moved school, after she left I drifted from the other two and we had a massive fight because I was fed up of how they treated me and have never spoke again with them as they never made any effort to make up with me. 

Have you ever wondered why you guys just suddenly stopped talking?I sent a long message in a group chat about how I’m fed up with how my “friends” were treating me. They  would ignore me, be mad at me and stop talking to me for long periods of time without any explanation. They’d  always try to one-up me and never listen to me, although I spent so much time trying to make them happy they never did the same for me. It  felt like I was forcing a friendship, after I sent this message to them they never spoke to me again. They made no effort to say sorry or to correct the wrongs. They showed no interest in continuing a friendship.

Have you still kept contact with each other or just stopped talking in general? We have stopped talking completely, only two out of the 3 girls messaged me on my birthday, I only blame one girl, the two that said happy birthday to me I have no hard feelings against, we just don’t talk often at all, the main girl though has not reached out to me at all despite us following each other on social media.

Was it your choice or was it someone else’s choice? My choice to leave but I felt that they wanted me to leave so that’s why I did.

Have ever wondered whether it would ever become that close again? If so a reason why? I don’t wonder, I only miss the girl who left to another school, I hope so become close with her again in the future, but I am leaving Jubail soon so that is unlikely to happen. 

I don’t care about faking a friendship anymore, I’m happier alone”

— Abby-Leigh

Do you remember a time when you guys were at your best in being friends? At the worst? All 4 of us were very very close when I first joined ISG Jubail, all of 9th grade and the beginning of 10th grade we were close but they started to drift from me when I starting dating Hamza and the last 8 months we have no spoken at all.

Is there a way that I could help? No, I don’t want to continue a friendship with them anymore, I’m neutral with two of them but I’m not interested in staying close with them because of how badly I feel they treated me.

Sarah Y, Grade 6

How did you guys become friends? We go to the same school. So pretty much we didn’t talk in 4th grade and then in 5th grade we were like say “hi” and talked until the middle of the semester and now we cant even leave each other’s sides.

Was it friends from before coming to this school or just from when you got here? Since I came to school here in 4th grade.

Have you guys ever wondered whether you will stay friends after leaving here? Yeah, and I have wondered about that. But  we most likely not talk to each other that much anymore. Because we will be living on the other sides of the world.

Think about a time when you guys were at your best with being friends. Every single day and, we all just get our own lunch and just eat from each other.

A time when you guys just didn’t talk to each other at all for a few days? This never happened.

How has your friendship grown? Um, I realized that this child in front of me is much much more weirder than what I thought she is.

Have you guys ever wondered what you would do without each other? Like when one of you leave?We will probably cry about it. And spend the weekend before together and get each other gifts.

Eoin B., Grade 6

Have you had close friends? in this school? If so mention some names you don’t have to. Yes. They were Kai and Evan.

Have you ever wondered why you guys just suddenly stopped talking? Yes, because they got more friends and then they stopped talking to me, then I went and made new friends and stopped talking  to them as well.

Have you still kept contact with each other or just stopped talking in general?Yes I am still in contact with one of them but just doesn’t talk anymore.

Was it your choice or was it someone else’s choice? It was a mutual feeling, meaning both sides actually wanted to stop being friends.

Have ever wondered whether it would ever become that close again? If so a reason why? No, because we will most probably stop contacting each other.

Do you remember a time when you guys were at your best in being friends? Yes, In first grade Kai was getting bullied by people and I stood up  for him and that’s how we became friends.

At  the worst? Yes, because he became popular and just left me behind.

Is there a way that I could help you with this situation or is it Ok with you? I don’t really care, but I do want to be friends, but I don’t have to if I really can’t.

Ellie B., Grade 6

How did you guys become friends? We started hanging out and talking everyday.

Was it friends from before coming to this school or just from when you got here? Just when I got here, like to this school.

Have you guys ever wondered whether you will stay friends after leaving here? Yes, because we are very good friends, and we want to be friends for a long time.

Think about a time when you guys were at your best with being friends. When it was my birthday and we went out.

A time when you guys just didn’t talk to each other at all for a few days? Yes it has happened, we just needed a break from each other.

Has your friendship grown? Yes.

And why do you think it became this close? Because we can talk and say whatever we want to each other and understand each other.

Have you guys ever wondered what you would do without each other?Like when one of you guys leave? Because  it would be different in a way that you don’t see each other anymore.

Shazlyn Nabeelah Binti S., grade 8

How did you guys become friends? Um, I approached my friend first, she was shy and so I talked to her first. We began giving gifts and stuff afterwards.

Was it friends from before coming to this school or just from when you got here? Just when we got here.

Have you guys ever wondered whether you will stay friends after leaving here? Of course, because I’m the only one she talks too.

Think about a time when you guys were at your best with being friends? Oh, during the 30 days challenge with her, where we had to recreate people’s photos. We created the picture ,and then, yeah.

A time when you guys just didn’t talk to each other at all for a few days? Never fought.

How has your friendship grown? So okay I approach her and we don’t talk a lot, and in 7th grade i gave her hijab and we become close. It started from the hijab thing.

And why do you think it became this close? Like her attitude, shy, and I am not that shy. I’m more interested in her attitude.

Have you guys ever wondered what you would do without each other? Like when one of you leave? Without her I will not learn the meaning about friendship and how to be nice. I would be mean if I didn’t meet her.

Miss Pheila Weir, Librarian

Do you have a high school/college close friend who you lost touch? Yes there is someone I lost contact with.

How did you guys lose touch (if it’s too personal you don’t have to answer this)We were roommates in uni and then she moved to another home.

Do you have contact with them? You just not talk to them or you just not even have any contact with them? No contact at all.

Have you guys been friends for a long time or just you became close randomly one day? I knew her in high school but we  only became friends after high school.

If so, would you mind contacting them? You could either contact them or just tell me a story about your friendships. We played the  same sports. She would even eat a burger before running.

On the spot or would you prefer to come back to me later on? If I did have contact I would contact her now.

Zaineb Kurdi, library assistant

Do you have a high school/college close friend who you lost touch? Yes I do.

How did you guys lose touch (if its too personal you don’t have to answer this). Because we moved from place to place and changed countries.

Do you have contact with them and you just don’t talk to them or you just don’t even have any contact with them? I had a contact with them 2 years back when I made Facebook.

Have you guys been friends for a long time or just you became close randomly one day? For a long long time. 35 years from childhood.

If so, would you mind contacting them? You could either contact them or just tell me a story about your friendships. Yes I would contact them right now.

On the spot or would you prefer to come back to me later on? Right now. Haia Wanas. We spoke yesterday at whatsapp. And text message with pictures. I have known her from 1987 and shes smaller than me 10 years. We are good friends.

Louie Apolinario, Joffrey’s Guy

Do you have a high school/college close friend who you lost touch? All of them.

How did you guys lose touch (if its too personal you don’t have to answer this). Long time. Before technology, like before Facebook and stuff.

Do you have contact with them and you just don’t talk to them or you just don’t even have any contact with them? No contact.

Have you guys been friends for a long time or just you became close randomly one day? We became friends over time, like after a few months. But after high school they lost contact.

If so, would you mind contacting them? You could either contact them or just tell me a story about your friendships. Every Time when they are having concerts at least twice a year, famous people (not student concert).

On the spot or would you prefer to come back to me later on? No contact.

1 Comment

One Response to “Friendships Fading :( :(”

1. Ms. Gierke on May 22nd, 2018 8:15 am

What an interesting topic. I liked reading about this common experiences most people go through.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Arts & Entertainment

2017-18 Yearbook

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Features

“Just Get Over It”

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Features

Inhale O2, Exhale CO2

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Features

What’s one thing you want to do before you die? (Word In The Halls)

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Features

Who’s your celebrity look-alike? (Word In The Halls)

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Arts & Entertainment

2016-17 ISG Jubail Yearbook

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Features

5 Things you should know about social media

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Features

Try Not To Laugh Challenge.

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Features

Do schools that have early start times put students’ health at risk?

• Friendships Fading :( :(

Features

Teachers and internet slang?

The student news site of International Schools Group - Jubail
Friendships Fading :( :(