ISGJ Today

If you could have dinner with any person — alive or dead — who would it be, and why?

From U.S. presidents to scientists to celebrities, ISG Jubail wishes they could dine with a wide variety of people.

Chris Proulx, chorus teacher, wants a dinner with Franklin Delanoe Roosevelt, a U.S. president that he truly admires. / Photo by Jon Netzler

Jon Netzler, Journalism Adviser

I think, immediately, my response goes to Franklin Delanoe Roosevelt. He’s like an idol of mine. He said everyone should be free from fear, free to worship freely – he said, like, there’s a couple of freedoms everyone needs — of course, I’m — now you’re putting me on the spot, I can’t think of them … It’s in my Facebook, I’d have to find it, but Franklin Delanoe Roosevelt because I would love to know how — what motivated him to go from being a very wealthy young man to being so in touch with and in tune with the lesser of the people from the United States. He wasn’t from poverty, but he sympathized and empathized with those in poverty. And he spent his entire political career, as it seemed, helping those with less than him, and building them up — and he built up the United States — I mean, and took us through World War II … He was elected four times, and then they made a resolution to the Constitution after him.”

— Chris Proulx, chorus teacher

“Emma Watson because she’s my celebrity crush.” –Aqil, senior

“I would say my grandfather that passed away from my mom’s side because, to be honest, he’s the oldest person in my family line that I know of — I’ve heard of, so I think I could learn a lot from him. And I’ve heard a lot of stories about how great a guy he is, so I would really, really want to meet him ’cause he passed away when I was really young.” –Phang, senior

“For me, because I’m very interested in … the theory of relativity, yeah? Einstein come up with that kind of stuff, right? So, like, if I could have a dinner with him, I would love to hear how he thought of that — how he come up with that kind … like, does it appear out of the blue? Or does he get it from somewhere? I don’t know. Maybe he did. But, I would love to hear from him. If I have a chance, if some way — if we had to time travel–then, why not?” –Shahreezan, senior

“Moses. Because I would like to ask him a few questions about the claims being made about him.” –Feras, junior

“I would have a dinner with the Prophet Mohamed, peace be upon him, because he was a great man with a pure heart, and I just want to ask him a lot of questions.” –Zahid, junior

“My answer would be the same as Zahid’s.” –Bilal, junior

“I’d choose Nikola Tesla. He was a bit of a weird guy. [I’d] have him reveal all his plans for the future to me … He had good visions for the future.” –Heinrich, senior

“My grandma because she passed away recently, and it was sudden, so it would be really nice to have dinner with her and to get to say goodbye.” –Emma Ahmed, robotics teacher and digital learning coach

1 Comment

One Response to “If you could have dinner with any person — alive or dead — who would it be, and why?”

1. Ariyanna Williams on December 13th, 2015 7:51 pm

If I could have dinner with any person, I would be my grandfather because he passed away before I was even born, and I never really got to know him much.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• If you could have dinner with any person — alive or dead — who would it be, and why?

Features

“Just Get Over It”

Opinions

I’m Not Allowed To Say XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Opinions

WITH, If you could change one thing…

Opinions

Fashion in the Halls

Features

Friendships Fading :( :(

Features

What’s one thing you want to do before you die? (Word In The Halls)

Features

Who’s your celebrity look-alike? (Word In The Halls)

Features

Do schools that have early start times put students’ health at risk?

Arts & Entertainment

Who Knew? ft. ISGJ Teacher Couples

Opinions

Word in the Halls: Donald Trump

The student news site of International Schools Group - Jubail